Wednesday, October 17, 2012

ONE MORE DAY!

My surgery was exactly 6 weeks ago!  Tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock I will see my oral surgeon, have an x-ray, and hope to see some good healing in my upper jaw bone.  I am done with these bands!  I hope.

It has been super fun to develop such a close and loving relationship with my blender.

I have blended things I didn't think I would ever blend- almonds, oats, chicken, hamburger, beans, kale, rice, bread, tortillas, -even lettuce.

I thought you might enjoy some photos of my dinner last night.
This is how it started.  Beans and rice, salsa, sauteed celery, leeks, and peppers, sour cream, water, and lettuce. 

Blend for 40 seconds on the smoothie setting. 

Mmm, it's looking good!

Voila!  Cafe Rio flavor, baby food appearance. Yummy!



And that's the way it goes- 3 or 4 times a day.  Delicious!  I'm hoping that tomorrow I get the clearance to start chewing soft foods like scrambled eggs, oatmeal, and noodles.  If not, I might see what happens when I blend tortilla chips.  :)
 Seriously, I know this looks really gross, but I am forever grateful that the Blendtec blender exists and that I was able to get one.  It has kept me alive and healthy.  It has even kept me from losing any more weight, which is shockingly disappointing.  I had hoped that giving up white flour, candy, cookies, cakes, chips,. . .  and all other good sweet or salty treats would make a difference.  Oh well!  I am just grateful to be alive and for all of my wonderful working body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment