Sunday, December 16, 2012

Emmeline's Jobs

I have all these serious thoughts floating around in my head after a day at church, especially since I taught R.S. today. But, I don't think I'm going to bore you with seriousness today. No, what the world needs now is a little levity, a little reminder of all the good, sweet, beautiful, funny, fantastic little things that make life worth living. Yes, I'm talking about little people. No, not "Little People", just people who are still little. I like to call my children little people. They may not be quite so fond of the title, but they won't be little forever, so time will heal them of this insult. Anyway, Emmeline is just so dang stinkin' cute that I thought I'd share some of her adorableness with you all. First of all, she still has these amazing cheeks that you simply want to squeeze until happiness bursts right out! Don't try it though. It has been scientifically proven that Emmeline's cheeks are actually a breeding ground equal to the likes of Typhoid Mary. Then there is her hair! Holy hair! This kid has got luscious locks cascading down her head, ending in gentle curls. She knows it too. Some people have security blankets or stuffed animals. Emmeline has her hair. Who needs a teddy bear when you can pet your own head? And finally, her brain is amazing. If you know her, you know that Emmeline can carry on a conversation with the best of us. She loves to "read" scriptures, sing songs, play the piano, and tell us all what to do. When I realized how smart she was, I started to give her jobs. She will repeat them on request. Here's a short video to demonstrate the sincerity of my claim that Emmeline is practically irresistable! She tells her jobs on this video. You don't want to miss that! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9WrwS3Lcs4 In case you can't understand her, her jobs are: 1.Be humble 2.Be cute 3. Be nice 4. Be safe 5. Be clean

No comments:

Post a Comment