Thursday, August 25, 2011

Modern Torture- Midlife Braces

I think it will be fun to document my braces, especially since the first time I had braces I did everything in my power to avoid ever having my photo taken with any metal showing.  Those were dark years.  I hated my braces.  I hated my orthodontist. He was mean.  I hated my retainer. 
But, now my tune has changed.  A week ago I had 12 spacers put in.  It was ridiculously painful and took me 6 days to work myself up to eating scrambled eggs. Today, even though I could still barely chew at all, I got top and bottom braces put on today.  And I'm so grateful for them, despite the many metal parts digging into my tongue and cheeks.  I know I'll get used to those and find a way to deal with them.  I hope and pray that by the time I'm done in 18 months to 2 years, that my mouth will no longer hurt every moment like it has since July of 2010.  So, from this point on for this entry, I'm just going to post pictures after my visits, perhaps with a little commentary.  Here are the first ones.  I wasn't feeling so great right after the braces and somehow my nose looks especially huge, but SAY LAH VEE!



No comments:

Post a Comment