Thursday, March 2, 2017

Product Review: Dolphin Swimsuit, Instant Pot, Squatty Potty, Mighty Plugs, Tiger Tail, Whirlpool Washing Machine, Eye Cream,Glitter Zone Hair Curlers

I'm not a big shopper AT ALL.  But, when I find something I like, I want to let other people know about it. And when I buy something that is LOSER, I want to tell you about that as well.  And, honestly, it bugs me when people leave reviews RIGHT after buying something.  So, I thought you might like to know how I feel about some items I purchased in the last year. I'll start with the ones I love! Amazon is not paying me to promote these items. Nobody is paying me to promote these items. Hmm, maybe they should. .

TIGER TAIL

Everybody should want to own a Tiger Tail, cause it's such a cool name!  Well, I didn't really buy it for the name, but I do like it.  The Tiger Tail is a massage tool.  It is essentially a padded pvc pipe with rubber coated handles, like a rolling pin for your body.  Coming from someone who has actually used a rolling pin to massage, you can trust me when I make that comparison.  So, why not stick with the rolling pin?  Well, the Tiger Tail's size allows for getting into some tight spots more easily and the padding offers a comfort level the rolling pin lacked.  I'm still all about the rolling pin, but this item has lived up to it's reputation.  It's not cheap, but everyone in my family uses it and loves it!
Original Tiger Tail Massage Stick - Classic 18"- Massage Therapy on the Go - Relieve Sore Muscles - Foam Roller Prevent Injury, Speed Recovery, Improve Mobility - Massage Therapy Tool (FFP)

Find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Original-Tiger-Tail-Massage-Stick/dp/B00ZPMAIO6/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1488465713&sr=8-2&keywords=Tiger+Tail

DOLPHIN SWIMSUIT

I started attending water aerobics just over a year ago.  It took about two months for the frequent chlorine dips to ruin my swimsuit.  I asked the ladies at the pool what they wear and they all told me I needed a polyester swimsuit.  I went to BIG 5 and found one for about $20!  I chose the brand Dolphin, but there are others. The important thing is for it to be 100% polyester.  It looks as good as the day I purchased it. Apparently the thread will wear out before the fabric.  These have different sizes than I was used to.  It is based on your bust measurement. So, I wear a 38 instead of a 10 or 12. Not all Dolphin swimsuits are 100% polyester, so read the label.  I wear this suit for casual swimming with my family as well and I never have to worry that it is becoming see-through.


https://www.amazon.com/DOLFIN-CHLOROBAN-BLOCK-SWIMSUIT-WOMENS/dp/B00DUJA1WK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1488465962&sr=8-6&keywords=dolfin+swimsuit+polyester

INSTANT POT

These have a cult following on facebook.  Instant Pot Community.  It's because they are amazing!  I have two of them, and I wouldn't mind having three.  I first bought one so I could cook meat faster, because I NEVER remember to start a roast in the crock pot early enough on Sunday morning.  With the Instant Pot, I start a FROZEN pork roast 2.5 hours before I want to eat and it is falling apart when I open the pot.  I also love to use the rice cooker function.  I got a second pot so I could make homemade yogurt.  It's so easy, much cheaper than store-bought, and has no added sugar unless I want it.  And, I've recently starting making hard-boiled eggs, or more precisely, hard steamed eggs.  It takes about 15 minutes start to finish and I don't have to watch the pot.  Most of that time is the pot heating up. The pot has to heat up to cook anything and it takes about 10 minutes. I only steam the eggs for 6 minutes.  They are easier to peel too!  Next I'm going to try pasta!  Seriously, if you don't have one of these, you want one of these. The sky is the limit with what you can cook with ease, freeing up time to spend however you wish instead of slaving in the kitchen.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-IP-LUX60-Programmable-Electric-Pressure/dp/B01MFEBQH1/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1488466394&sr=1-2&keywords=Instant+Pot

SQUATTY POTTY

I'm always leery of things that look to good to be true. Plus, the ads for this are hilarious but also a bit creepy. But, let me tell you, I like this stool.  The basic idea behind the Squatty Potty is that humans are biologically designed to squat when we, well, eliminate waste.  But, we didn't build our toilets that way.  Modern toilets kink us up and make it harder to do our business.  I don't know if it actually makes things more pleasant or not, but I like the Squatty Potty. Maybe it's the cave woman in me. And it tucks neatly under the toilet so it's not in the way for those who don't prefer to use it.

Squatty Potty The Original Bathroom Toilet Stool 7"- White
https://www.amazon.com/Squatty-Potty-Original-Bathroom-Toilet/dp/B00ESKVN7W/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1488466661&sr=8-1&keywords=Squatty+Potty

MIGHTY PLUGS
These are the BEST ear plugs.  I've tried those cheap orange ones from Walmart and that was a RIDICULOUS waste of my money.  The only good ear plug is one that actually works.  And these ones have saved my life.  I started to have trouble sleeping about a year or so ago.  It was partially insomnia and mostly my darling bed partner's extremely loud snoring. Once that started, I had no chance of falling asleep, and he has the gift of falling asleep VERY quickly.  After trying a lot of solutions, I researched ear plugs and found these.  They do not block out 100% of sound.  I don't think that is really possible, or even desirable.  But, they block out enough that I can fall asleep and I don't hear the snoring.  I do still hear my alarm clock in the morning.  These ear plugs are soft and moldable,  and made from ingredients you can spell- Filtered Beeswax, Pure Lanolin, Sterile Cotton, Corn Starch, Grapefruit seed extract. 
They don't last forever because little bits of them disappear over time.  I'd say a pair lasts about 2-3 months.  But, they are worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.  I bought the 12 pack.  


https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Finest-Plug-12-pair-Personal/dp/B003GVTDQW/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1488466743&sr=8-3&keywords=Mighty+Plugs

BEVERLY HILLS MD EYE CREAM

I bought this dark circle eye cream online.  I bought a lot of it, cause it was cheaper that way.  It was supposed to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes.  I watched a really long video explaining how it was actually going to fix the problem instead of just covering it up.  Part of how it is supposed to work is by reflecting light and it's also supposed to actually get rid of the dark circles over time.  Major waste of money and major disappointment.  I tried it for a month.  I didn't notice any improvement and the product is annoying. It SITS on my skin and if I touch it, it pills up and peels off. It says to apply it at bedtime too so it can work alongside my body's night time regeneration process, but if it doesn't soak in, I'm not sure how it's going to do anything at all.  I don't feel like I can add makeup on top of it for this reason.  Don't waste your money on this stuff.

GLITTER ZONE HAIR CURLERS
I saw these on facebook and they looked awesome so I ordered two sets for my girls. They weren't cheap, but I wanted to have a hair curling option that doesn't damage their hair and is more comfortable than foam curlers.  I ordered these on January 28th. I'd like to review them for you and tell you how amazing they are, but I never got the order.  I got an email that said I could track my order, but that doesn't work.  I emailed the company twice and they have not responded.  I finally found some small print and it said that my order would take 2-5 weeks for it to come.  So, today is 4 weeks and 5 days. NO PRODUCT.  On their site, they only offer refunds up to 30 days from date of purchase- pretty clever in an evil scammer way. I'm sending them a facebook message today, but whatever the outcome, it's not worth ordering from a company that takes so long to ship( and it wasn't even free shipping) and doesn't reply to emails.  If I don't get my order by next Monday, I'm going to see if the credit card company can take back the payment.



WHIRLPOOL WASHING MACHINE

Last, but certainly not least, I'd like to tell you about my new washing machine. Okay, I promised I had owned all of these things for a while, but since this is a negative review, I don't think that matters. I had to buy a new washing machine a few weeks ago.  I decided to go with a less expensive, no bells and whistles model to save money.  But, I purchased the 5 year warranty. With a total cost of around $600, I figured that the cost of washing clothes in my home is $120 a year for the machine and if it lasts longer than 5 years, that's a bonus.  So, I purchased this machine from Lowes.
Whirlpool 4.3-cu ft High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer (White)

And it worked correctly ONE time.  ONE TIME.  After that, when we turn it on, the machine washes and rinses and then goes back to the wash light and stays there indefinitely.  The clothes are soaking wet.  We then have to manually cancel the load and then run a drain/spin cycle.  After trying 8 different loads I called for a repair.  I HATE ( 1st world problem) waiting for repairmen.  Somehow, I am never ever at the beginning of their shift.  I waited for almost 5 hours for him to come and tell me a part was broken and he was ordering a new one and it would take 5-6 business days to come in. So, it's still broken, but there is hope it will get fixed.  I'm REALLY REALLY glad I bought that extended warranty, although, at this point, I used the one year manufacturer warranty for the repair. I'm not saying not to buy this machine.    I'm really hoping it's a good one.  What I am saying is, we may have a lemon, and I'm glad I bought the extended warranty.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Whirlpool-4-3-cu-ft-High-Efficiency-Top-Load-Washer-White/50254189

So, there you have it- my honest review of some things I've bought in the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment