Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

I am the luckiest mother alive today!  I think I may have gotten more Mother's Day cards and gifts today than I ever have before.  They are so adorable! And I can thank not only my children's teachers, but also the public library and my husband for making it all possible.  And myself for the Himalayan Salt lamp I bought myself on Tuesday.  Happy Mother's Day to me!

My kids are so funny.  I just really want to share some of the highlights of what they gave me:

Check this out!

It turned out blurry, but there are 5 plants, ( and one more in the bathroom where someone is showering), 8 cards, one coupon book, two flowering hands, two woven rugs, and a fabric covered popsicle box.


Some of my favorite comments from the cards:

Tim- "You are always there to comfort me and to help me."


Clara- "I love you and hope you like your gift"( woven rug things). " I worked hard on it, even if it is ugly."

Audrey and Clara on separate cards-" I love you.  You love me too. Apples are healthy. And you are too." (Clara is angry about copyright infringement)

Reuben-"le muffinfish!"

Amy-"I love you, and hope you have a wonderful mother's day.  You are an amazing parent, and hope you always have the hope you need to get through all the challenges you  have been facing!"

She also wrote a long poem.

 a long poem. I will include one portion

Trees are lollypops
rivers are chocolate
No parents to tell you "no"
the grass is made of pixie sticks
flowers are gummies
there is no healthy food
but candy everywhere

Is your imagination going too far?

Ha ha!  My kids are awesome. They brought me breakfast in bed and actually managed to wake me up, since I went to bed at midnight.  And they made exactly what I wanted!  I'm so very lucky to have these 6 amazing kids to raise.  They are the light of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment