Sunday, July 31, 2011

Circus Day!

Every year for several years now, my MIL has hosted a circus day in the summertime.  She has a vast store of amazing costumes that belonged to her family when she was a little girl.  So, they are pretty old, and really special to the family.  With some newer things added in, the kids always find something they want to dress in for the circus.  This year was especially fun because my brother in law Sam was the Ringleader.  He was awesome! And my husband was able to come and perform too.  His picture alone is worth scrolling down to see!

Amy was a tiger trapeze artist, at least I think that's what she was.

Clara was a dancing cowgirl

Audrey was a dancing girl


Baylor was a monkey

Jeffrey was a cowboy

Aunt Mindy holding Ariana and Benson looking on

Cousin Meilani holding her daughter Lily, the butterfly

Joseph the cowboy

I don't know what timothy was, but he and Amy put on a routine with the hula hoops

Judd wore this wig just to please me

Benson the clown

Reuben, the tiger cowboy

Circus day was on our 14th wedding anniversary. This is the only photo we too to commemorate that day.

Sam the awesome Ring Leader
Emmeline wore Reuben's ambassador to the moon costume. We shot her out of a pretend cannon. 

This is Judd jumping through hoops, over children and then doing a somersault.

The Amy and Timmy show

Paige, the kitty dancer and Audrey

Anna hoola hooping and ukelele playing at the same time!

Benson

I'm a star!

Reuben jumping over Tim. It's more fun with a Tiger head!

The whole gang!

Lunch was tasty!

The kids all had a great time playing games after they performed and then pigging out on pizza, watermelon, soda, and the most disgusting ice cream flavor EVER- Play doh!  Nobody else agreed with me.  I guess I've outgrown liking things that taste like a combo of bubblegum, sugar overload, and clay.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Happy Anniversary. We had our 15th yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have paid money to see Judd jumping through those hoops. :-)
    Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my comment! I still haven't figured out how to do it! Anyway, HOW FUN for everyone. What a great idea...Love, Tia Maureen

    ReplyDelete