Sunday, July 17, 2011

Grandma's Tea Party 2011

Every year for the last several years, my MIL has hosted a tea party for all of the girls in the family.  We all bring delectable finger foods and dress up for the occassion, complete with new personas.


 It's a lot of work but also a lot of fun and something that I hope my daughters will remember fondly when they are grown.  This year I tried out cake balls for the first time.  They were a big hit!

I also brought homemade mini brownies and eclairs.  Everything tastes better with Mexican Vanilla!

Emmeline came as Lola, a monkey grinder. 


Audrey, dressed in a fancy dress, told us her name was Susan.

Amy was in an interesting mood.  She wore cowgirl attire and announced herself as Thorn.


Clara preferred a more classic look and arrived as Cinderella. 


I didn't feel like being Snow White this year, so I concocted a crazy outfit and went as Medusa.However, I was there as a reformed Medusa who only turned door to door solicitors to stone. 


Heather was Cordelia.  Ariana was Angelina Ballerina.  I didn't get a good shot of her, but she was adorable.


Grandma Kristie was Mrs. McGillicutty (sp?) and I can't remember Mindy's name.  It was something fancy.


Paige was Diane and her doll was Diana, both related to you know who.

3 comments:

  1. That is so fun! I'm so totally stealing this idea when I have grandchildren! Ok, that's too far away, I'll do it for my nieces and future girls.

    ReplyDelete