Sunday, July 10, 2011

Clara -Episode 3

Now, if you read my facebook posts, you'll have to re-read most of these, since I post her one liners on there as well. But, I have one new one today, that is just cute and funny and an insight into the way she thinks.  It's too long for facebook, so it warrants a new blog entry.

1.Mommy, if you have any wrinkles or anything, just rub the cream on it and they will disappear! But, it's $59.95. We don't have enough money. Mommy, do you wish you had that cream? (No) Mommy, do you trust the t.v.? (No) I do. They were right about pillow pets.

2.  My sheet is boring white! I get no respect!!

3. Clara (voice getting higher and squeakier with each sentence): Mommy, you have to buy this bowl! It's MAGNIFICENT!! It can never spill!!! And it's only $14.95!!!!

4.Can you give me some dental floss? I've got congested canines.

5. This one is a follow up to the respect comment.  We were sitting around the table eating pancakes this morning. Clara looked at her dad and said, "Do you want to be a baby and get some respect?"  We all laughed but it made me wonder how exactly Clara defines respect. So, I asked her.  And I grabbed a pen and scratch paper to write down what she said.

Clara: Respect is. .
(Timothy whispers in her ear)
Mommy: Timothy, don't tell her.  I want to know what she thinks.  You're being disrespectful.
Clara: The thing which he just did- the opposite is respect.
Mommy: But, what is respect?
Clara: Respect is when somebody asks somebody if they can do something with that person and that person says maybe and then the person that asked goes to their mom and dad and tells them that they asked another person if they could do something with that person, I mean the little girl goes to her mom an dad, and says that her big brother, she says that she asked her big brother if she could play a game with him and he said maybe and the mom and dad CARE about the little girl and tell her biog brother to play with her. 

Mommy: So, that's what respect is?

Clara: Yea.  Respect is when somebody cares about somebody else.  The mom and dad cared about the little girl. 

Mommy: So, you having a boring white sheet means we don't care about you.

Clara: I want another kind of sheet! I want a pretty sheet! I want all the things that have red roses on them- sheets, pillow case, blankets!! Let me see what you wrote.

Mommy: It's in cursive. You can't read it.

Clara looks at it
Mommy : Do you know what cursive is?

Clara: It's when you write it in a way that little kids can't read.  When you write a word that's all connected.

Mommy: Clara, will you co-author a book with me?

Clara :Mommy!!!!! (angry face)

I guess not, but I'd like to thank her for her contribution this morning, whether she intended to entertain or not.  Everyone can always use a good laugh!

1 comment: