Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shakespeare Festival

Something strange happened to me earlier this month- I had a vacation! Woa! Slow down Nellie! A what?  Yes, really, I left my house and went somewhere, a place that wasn't my hometown, a location where I slept away from my own bed for one entire night.  I know, that's weird for me. 

I might have been a little crazy while I was away.. . .

I thought these silverware sculptures were so cool, and it turns out they are designed by a fellow named Judson.

So, last summer during one of our Grandma Kristie days, we talked about coming to the Shakespeare Festival together this summer.  We left our little ones behind and Kristie, Mindy, and I set off for the long drive south.  I have never driven further away than Ogden, so this was a good chance for me to grow up a little bit.  We took my car and I drove almost the entire way down. 

We stayed at a lovely place called the Abbey Inn that came complete with a swimming pool, exercise room, and free breakfast.  We made sure to take advantage of all three.  Mindy kicked our bee-hinds in the excercise department. 

Mindy


Me
 
We had really awesome seats for the two plays that we saw- The Music Man and A Midsummer Night's Dream.  I only fell asleep for a little while during each play. Hey! I can't help it.  Sitting down between 1 and 4 for more than 5 minutes always produces zzzz's for me.  (Dear Relief Society teacher who is reading this, I'm sorry if I fall asleep during your lesson too).






We had a blast eating out, browsing through gift shops, and just relaxing.  I don't often get away from my kids overnight.  The last time was two years ago.  And each time I do get away, I realize that I am not quite the same person when separated from the role of Mommy.  I guess I am a little more relaxed, a little crazier. . .  well the pictures tell it the best. . .











What can I say?  I like statues!

Mindy and Kristie like them too. . .




posers

1 comment:

  1. I liked your comment to the Relief Society teachers. Hey!

    ReplyDelete